When handled properly, the probate process can be relatively painless, resulting in an estate being orderly administered according to the state's laws of inheritance or according to a valid will if one was present at the time of the death.
If an executor was named in the will, they will have a number of important functions to complete in administering the estate, including:
- Gathering and inventorying all assets of the estate
- Collecting any payments or debts owed to the estate
- Paying any debts owed by the estate
- Filing and paying local, state and federal taxes
- Distributing assets to the beneficiaries as stipulated in the will
We build personal relationships with our clients, taking the time to understand their unique needs so we can tailor an approach to their circumstances. He deals directly with his clients' and is accessible throughout the process to answer their questions and prepare them for upcoming steps.